- Don't go on a "diet" - one of the definitions of diet is to regulate food in order to improve the physical condition. Which is essence that is what a "Lifestyle Change" is. However over the years the term "diet" makes a person feel trapped and deprived of good tasting foods. The preconceived idea of diet means tasteless, cardboard foods.
- WRITE EVERYTHING DOWN! - While this may sound very strong, it is the best way to ensure that you are getting the essentials in your daily meals. With everything we have on our minds, the last thing we need to remember is what we ate for breakfast to determine what we can eat for lunch or dinner.
- Drink lots of water - Getting at least 8 - 8oz glasses of water a day can actually contribute to fullness and help with weight loss. Water can come from many sources, including fruits and vegetables. Up to 60% of the body is water. Drinking water is help flush the toxins and can improve skin tone.
- Don't beat yourself up - So you had a moment of weakness. We all have. It doesn't mean you have to completely give up. Pull your self together and tackle the healthy choices at the next meal.
- Stay active - Even if it is walking around the block with your dog or kids. Walking around the grocery store. Cleaning the house. That is all activity.
What the voice in your (my head) says:
- A diet?!? Why are we on a diet again? Why can't you just admit we are going to be plump forever? What is so important about being healthy? Healthy certainly doesn't taste very good. Vegetables again? OMG!
- Write what down? That was just a taste. Who can calculate a taste anyway. That is like measuring a pinch, a dash, and a smidgen. Seriously...
- What are we, a camel? Why so much water? Can't we have a Diet Coke instead?
- You know, why even start? You are going to fail again anyway. First moment of weakness and you might as well throw in the towel.
- We have to move again?!? Didn't we just move yesterday? Seriously...this "lifestyle change" is exhausting.
But don't give up. Never give up. I will never give up.