Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Starting Weight Watchers Points Plus Program

I found a great website for Weight Watcher support here. I was going to sign up for the 3 month deal with no sign up fee, which expires 3/12/11, but I found the formula for the Points Plus program online and decided that I am going to keep track of it myself.

Here is another website run by a WW leader here. Both sites have lots of recipes. The only thing I can't find is how many daily points I should have. The previous bottom daily points was 19. Based on the Suggested Daily Points breakdown by meal, I think the bottom daily points is 29. Plus everybody gets 49 Extra Weekly Points Allowance. Awesome!

I love that all fruits and veggies are free (except starchy potatoes, corn, peas, and high fat avocado). I am focusing more on fruits and veggies as well as a multivitamin everyday since I have been sick since December 29th. Yes, I realize it is March. I lost my tastebuds for a few weeks too but they are slowly coming back.

Another site with good swaps for high fat foods is Hungry Girl. The recipes in the Hungry Girl books have all been updated online to reflect Points Plus. I LOVE these books! My goal is to do at least 2 HG recipes a week and I will review the recipe too.

WW+ starts 03/06/11!

2 comments:

  1. Here's the last points break down I have.
    Female..2 pts
    Age: 17-26 4pts
    27-37 3pts
    38-47 2pts
    48-58 1pts
    over 58 0 pts
    First two digits of your weight
    Under 5'1" 0 pts
    5'1"-5"10" 1 pt
    over 5'10" 2 pts
    Activity
    Mostly sitting 0
    Occasionally sitting..mostly standing 2
    Walking most of the time 4
    Doing physically hard work 6

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this for the new point system or the old?

    ReplyDelete