Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Fruit Smoothie!

As I mentioned previously, juicing ain't for me. But I do love me fruit and me imitation bullet blender here (insert sarcastic British voice here). So for a quick breakfast, I put in a cup the night before 1/2 strawberries and 1/2 pineapple. In the morning I add about 1/2 C organic soy milk (almond, coconut, or whatever would be awesome too). The smoothie needs a liquid to blend it all up. For a little sweetener, I added a squeeze of honey. It lasts me until lunch. Yum-O!

One thing I'd like to demystify is that eating Paleo, or healthy in general,  is expensive. We pay for convenience. So if you want to save money, you really should prepare more of your own meals. These are my costs in Midwest, USA.

Strawberries 1lb = $1.67
Pineapple whole = $1.99
Organic Soymilk 32 oz = $1.00 (yeah, I found it at the dollar store!)

I'm estimating there are 3 smoothies worth in a pound of strawberries and pineapple. Soymilk has 8 smoothie servings.

Strawberries = $.56
Pineapple = $.67
Soymilk = $.13
Honey = $.10 (est)
Total = $1.46




No comments:

Post a Comment