Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, May 6, 2013

They Can't All Be Winners...

So tonight's menu was Portabella Pizzas. Sounds great, right? Well there was something missing. And I'm not just talking about cheese. Can't quite put my finger on it so I will have to tweak the recipe a bit. If you have any suggestions, please comment below. 

Here is how I made this

6 portabella mushrooms $2.89/pkg $5.78
1/2 red pepper $2.99/lb approx $.50
1/4 red onion approx $.50
1/2 jar pizza sauce $1.00
6 slice of sandwich pepperoni $.40

This last ingredient is where I cleverly go to the deli and have them cut the sandwich pepperoni very thin so the pepperoni flavor covers a larger area. However, in this case the slicing may have been too thin. I could hardly taste pepperoni at all! And of course there is cheese missing but this is Paleo people! There's no cheese in Paleo...or crying in baseball (love that movie!). 

So it is back to the drawing board for this one. However, it is Brit Brat approved.


No comments:

Post a Comment