Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, February 28, 2014

Here is Börk Pork!

Don't ask me why but whenever I make pork, I hear the voice of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets. This is clearly not a Swedish dish, but tastes great all the same. 

I get a lot of inspiration from Skinnytaste.com. Gina does a great job making over, adapting, and creating recipes. Sometimes I make them just like the recipe. Sometimes I don't have all the ingredients on hand so I modify them. 

Today's dinner was Crock Pot Balsamic Pork Roast. I love the crockpot. Set it and forget it! (Thanks Ron Popeil!) Since I didn't have the same cut of meat, I used what I had. I ♥ Costco! Here is my version:

Heather's version ~ Crock Pot Balsamic Pork Roast


1.84 lb pork sirloin tip roast (Costco) cal 750
1 tsp kosher salt 
1/2 tsp garlic powder cal 5
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes cal 12
1/3 C water
1/3 C balsamic vinegar cal 27
1 Tbs worcestershire sauce cal 0
1 Tbs honey cal 60

Mix all the ingredients with a whisk and pour over pork roast. Set timer for 4 hours on High or 6-8 hours on Low.

I like to make things easy so I just mixed it all together and then poured it over. 

Since I was home while it was cooking, I shredded after about 4-5 hours and let it simmer in the juices until we were ready to eat. 

The best part was the cut of meat that I had from Costco. The pork sirloin tip roast was 838 gr and the nutrition info says 112 gr is 100 cal. What?!? That's crazy-sauce!

Serves 2:
cal 427
protein 83
carb 22
fiber 0
fat 6
sugar 14

No comments:

Post a Comment