Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Helpful Hint! - State Your Intention


I've decided to start a new category of things to write about called Helpful Hints. These are in no particular order. I will write about them as I come across them and add a nifty little tag so you can find them all later. *wink

As I wrapped up my weight training tonight (see pic below of me leg pressing 240lbs!), I proclaimed to the hubs that I was going to go to yoga in the morning and then hit the gym on the way home for some cardio. 

See what I did there? I said, out loud even, what my intention was for the next day. You know how when you write yourself a reminder note but you don't even have to read it to remember what you wrote? Yeah, me too. I'm sure there is a fancy word for that, but I digress. 

It's along the same lines. You said your intention out loud which makes the percentage of you achieving that goal much higher. Perhaps self accountability? 

Just don't beat yourself up if it doesn't happen. Things happen. Life happens. But ask yourself this...was it a good excuse? Can you go later? Should you go earlier? More than likely you don't have anyone to answer to except yourself. Maybe the doctor. Will you be happy with yourself when the day is done? 




Today was a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment