Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, March 2, 2015

It's Lunchfest Time!

What is Lunchfest? Breakfast foods for lunch. You might be thinking, "that's what brunch is". Yeah, well I didn't make up that word so I made up something else. You're welcome. 

You could also think of lunchfest as HUGE amounts of breakfast foods for lunch. Because this little gem is a nice healthy portion. All for just over 300 calories!

Red Pepper and Maple Turkey Sausage Frittata

4 slices red pepper (width-wise)
1 extra large egg
2 (96gr) egg whites
2 oz homemade maple turkey breakfast sausage crumbles
1 oz feta cheese

Mix egg and egg whites. I like to use my wannabe bullet blender. 

Turkey sausage: I used about 1/2 a package of ground turkey from Costco. It's Butterball which 4 oz is 150 cal and 8 fat. I didn't measure this because I knew I'd weigh when I assembled the egg. I added Italian Sausage Seasoning from Penzey's. It has about 3 cals per tsp. I added until it smelled good which wasn't more than 1/2 tbs. When that was well cooked and crumbled, I added 1 Tbs of pure maple syrup. This is just a little extra flavor but not necessary. I thoroughly enjoy AmyLu's Maple Chicken Breakfast Sausage...that has not been stocked at Costco. grrrr...

Put the red pepper in the bottom of your frying pan, divide the egg misture, add the turkey. Cook until set, then add the feta, cover pan to set the egg and heat the cheese. 

Leave out the maple syrup and it's under 300 cals!












































Serves 1

Cal 307
Protein34
Carb 8 
Fiber 1
Fat 14
Chol 270

No comments:

Post a Comment