Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

How Time Flies...

Wow! It's been just over 2 years since my last post!

nWhat has changed about me? Sadly, Not much at all. I still have the extra pounds that I need to dispose of. What am I going to do different THIS time?

Exercise, you say? I was going to join a gym but the gym close to my house decided, after several years, to close. Great. It had a gym that I was looking forward to. It's almost summer so I can get the bike out soon. If only I worked closer, I'd ride my bike but there is no place to put it during the day either. 

Change my diet, you say? Well that's a given. I recently (yesterday) attended a workshop given by VeganGR. While I can't go completely vegan (I ♥ bacon), I can do vegan a few times a week. Even vegetarian a few times a week. There was so much information thrown at me. I also like to research and there is even more on the interwebs. 

I watched a movie today with some very compelling statistics. Forks Over Knives. Can be streamed via Amazon free for Prime members here. The documentary makes me not want to eat meat anymore. Have I mentioned that I ♥ bacon!?

I'm getting ready to watch Food Inc., which I'm pretty sure will seal the fate for not eating meat. At least that's what I heard.

Today's feasting went well. I started with a smoothie of spinach, soy milk, blueberries, and flax seed. I had quite a bit of coffee with creamer. I had a whole wheat bagel with whipped cream cheese. Dinner was salmon, spaghetti squash with a lemon vinaigrette, and a side of baked mushrooms. The lemon vinaigrette was a little strong. The Brit Brat didn't like it. He ate the salmon and mushrooms though. 

Lemon Vinaigrette

1/2 C fresh lemon juice
1/4 C EVOO
Parmesan cheese to taste (I didn't have much on hand)
1 tsp of Italian Herb Seasoning (love it! always have lots on hand)

Whisk and drizzle on spaghetti squash to taste. It's very strong lemon so you may need to adjust the EVOO. 

I ended the night with a snack of Sunchips. 

So much to learn about food and how it effects the body. I really want to stay away from processed and high fructose corn syrup. 

So, today was a start...right?

No comments:

Post a Comment