Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Weight Loss Support...Oh, and Meatballs! Yes, Please!

I couldn't decide what I wanted to call this post. I want to share the delicious dinner we had tonight, but I also wanted to talk about the importance of a support network. Whether you are trying to lose weight or gain muscle, it's way easier to have someone on board with you. 

I've always been the meal planner in the house but now it's a little different. One person has a hard time keeping weight on and eating calories to bulk up, and one of us (me) needs to shed a few pounds.

Gina's Weight Watcher's Recipes at www.skinnytaste.com is a great resource. 

Tonight we had a modified version of Asian Turkey Meatballs with Lime Sesame Dipping Sauce.


I modified it by using 91% lean ground beef instead of turkey. Italian herb seasoning instead of cilantro (he says cilantro tastes like soap). And no oil. Didn't even miss it. 

The dipping sauce I used 1 tsp of EVOO and 1 tsp of toasted sesame seeds. No water. 

I recalculated and the calorie count is about the same. 

They were moist and delicious! A keeper with this family!

No comments:

Post a Comment