Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Just another salad??? NO WAY! Roasted Asparagus & Sweet Potato Salad

Welcome to Meatless Monday...only it is Wednesday. WHAT??? Yeah, I'm a rule breaker.  

With the meal planning, comes searching recipes upon recipes online. I came across this website Deliciously Ella and did my version of her Asparagus, New Potato & Avocado Salad. Sounded delish, but I didn't need it to be strict vegan. I couldn't find new ptoatoes and I didn't need the pumpkin seeds. With roasting the veggies, I also didn't need to dress the salad with more evoo and vinegar. Here is my version. 

Roasted Asparagus & Sweet Potato Salad



Asparagus 403gr (about 15-16 stalks) cal 456
Sweet Potato 527gr (2 small) cal 80
Grape Tomatoes 291gr (1 container) cal 90
Avocado medium cal 240
EVOO 1 Tbs cal 180
Organic Spring Mix 4 cups cal 40

Peel sweet potato and chop. Chop asparagus. Drizzle with EVOO and sea salt & pepper. Roast in the oven at 400 for approx 30-40 min depending on how well you like your veggies roasted. 

Remove from oven and cool to room temp.

While veggies are roasting, halve grape tomatoes. 

Prep plate with approx 2 cups of spring mix, toss asparagus, sweet potato, and tomato together. Top with half an avocado diced on each plate. Sea salt & pepper to taste. 

Grams were calculated after peeling and chopping. 

Serves 2.

Nutrition info per serving based on quantities above:

Cal       513
Protein   13
Carb      82
Fiber      21
Fat        18
Sugar     23


No comments:

Post a Comment